Photobucket

Thursday, January 29, 2009

hmm..whom to vote 4?

Late last week, I was lisenting to my daily installment of Micheal Baisden when he said that as a society, America is dumb. He was referring to the 2008 race to the Oval. I thought it was interesting of him to say that. I began to ponder (as usual), that this presidental race is not really about who people want to be president but most people are voting against the person they don't want to see in D.C. Think about. Most Democrats don't want another Republican in office because of the preceeding elect that made decisions that were, in the opinions of Dems, irrational and whimsical. And then most Republicans can't stand the idea of a Black man being president so they will vote for McCain, even though they do not really care for John. I am all for voting for the canidate you WANT to see in office if based on facts. But people want to vote for the pretty face (circa 1960, JFK + Nixon first televised presidental debate) or the status quo (possible 2008?). Again, I do not endorse one or the other. I read up on both canidates regularly. I just think its gross how the American society is so worried about who they don't want to see in the White House, that they disregard the facts, actions and sayings of the person they plan on voting for. Since the basis of supporting the canidate is to continue to perpetuate the status-quo dominance that has been in steadfast rule since the founding roots of this country. Can we get a Laurence Fishbourne Wake Up Call, ya'll?

2 comments:

riva. said...

nice post.

however, i wouldn't listen to much Baisden has to say on political issues. he's a romance novelist turned political and social commentator.

interesting.

-riv-

Anonymous said...

Yah...there are a few things that I don't like to hear him talk about...this was one of the few rimes I give him credit 4 anything...